The responsibilities and limitations of authority within a church project are unique to any other building project. The stakeholders are the members, the committee delegates, the church staff, and the Executive leadership of the church. Each of these groups are an integral part of the project which brings a level of accountability to provide the necessary communication link from project team to church team. We understand how churches function, operate and maintain facilities and keep the ministry focus on the new project. Our responsibility moves throughout each phase to make certain each group of stakeholders are fully informed, each professional group has accurate direction, and a circle of communication continues throughout each phase.
Design Phase – Working and Connecting with Church Leadership
- Assist in Architect Selection
- Oversee and coordinate entire design process from programming through final construction documents.
- Attend all planning and approval meetings with staff and professional groups.
- Create and maintain budgets and expenditures.
- Identify all applications, permits and approvals.
- Coordinate Owner Responsibilities – Soil Testing and Material Testing
- Assist in General Contractor selection.
- Review and negotiate construction contracts.
- Evaluate insurance requirements and options.
- Schedule, report, and track progress.
- Coordinate with utility companies and city agencies for services.
- Coordinate with City Departments for permitting purposes
Construction Phase – Communicating with Church Leadership
- Comprehensive oversight of the entire construction process.
- Manage coordination meetings between Architect and General Contractor
- Identification of Value Management Options
- Management of budgets, costs and changes.
- Coordinate church construction events during project (beam signing, topping out, scripture/name signing)
- Communicate with media and publicity staff
- Oversight of schedules and deliverables.
- Preparation, review and accuracy verification of all pay applications
- Onsite oversight of construction issues and progress.
- Resolution of building issues
- Manage Owner Provided Sub-Contractors (AVBL,Voice/Data/Security/Wireless, Low Voltage Cabling)
Close Out Phase – Presentation to Church Leadership
- Punch out and closeout areas to completion.
- Manage the selection, delivery, acceptance and install of owner furnished items.
- Manage and oversee interior and exterior signage
- Oversee MEP commissioning, balancing and climate adjustments.
- Oversee final acceptance inspections of all aspects of the project.
- Coordinate and organize delivery of all final close-out documents.
- Assure successful “First Service” requirements